Speech and Language Therapists work in schools with children, teachers and parents to try to help children and young people make the most of their communication skills and to provide a positive communication environment. Currently three Speech and Language Therapists work with Clifton Primary School.
Speech and Language Therapists support children at Clifton Primary School in many different areas, including:
· Attention and listening
· Understanding of language
· Expressive language (vocabulary / grammar / sentence formation)
· Non-verbal language
· Articulation / speech sounds
· Social use of language
We work with children in your school in a range of different ways including;
· Observing in class
· Completing assessment to find out more about your child’s needs
· Meet with parents, teachers and teaching assistants to find out more about your child’s communication skills
· Set up one to one or small group interventions to develop your child’s skills
· Provide advice and training to teaching staff and parents
If you have any questions or concerns about your child communication skills you can contact Miss Corrigan at school.