Speech and Language Therapists work in schools with children, teachers and parents to try to help children and young people make the most of their communication skills and to provide a positive communication environment.
Currently three Speech and Language Therapists work with Clifton Primary School Kate Morgan, Cathy Corry and Roberta Mendes. They meet regularly with Miss Corrigan to talk about progress and other children and young people who may need their support.
Speech and Language Therapists support children at Clifton Primary School in many different areas, including:
· Attention and listening
· Understanding of language
· Expressive language (vocabulary / grammar / sentence formation)
· Non-verbal language
· Articulation / speech sounds
· Social use of language
We work with children in your school in a range of different ways including;
· Observing in class
· Completing assessment to find out more about your child’s needs
· Meet with parents, teachers and teaching assistants to find out more about your child’s communication skills
· Set up one to one or small group interventions to develop your child’s skills
· Provide advice and training to teaching staff and parents
If you have any questions or concerns about your child communication skills you can contact Miss Corrigan at school.